Boys will be boys

Boys will be boys
Boys will be boys

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Cosby Show - Sit there until you eat them

I LOVE THE COSBY SHOW! I don`t watch TV very much at all, but if there is one thing that I love to watch, it`s the Cosby Show! When I think of raising a family, I feel like my family should be very similar to when I have a family! The Cosby`s spell the word Family the right way: T-I-M-E... Note to future prospects: If you can`t unleash the Bill inside you...it just won`t work out between us.

Here are 10 lessons I learned from the Cosby Show:
1.) Never Let the Challenges of a sibling get in the way of you progressing and pursuing your dreams!
 "Dad, Denise pushed us out of the bathroom, so the soap's in Rudy's eyes and she wouldn't let me rinse out the shampoo like Mom said and now Rudy might be blinded for life! If she is, can we get a dog?"
- Vanessa 

2.) You won`t believe it now...but sooner or later, your best friends will probably be your family!
"What did I tell you about pushing your sister?"
"I'm just hurrying her along."
"That's fine, she's only 5 now, but she IS going to grow up and she MAY get into body building. And then she'll track you down and say "Remember all the times you used to push me around?" and clean your clock!"
- Cliff and Vanessa

3. Your Children will be your greatest struggles, yet your greatest joys...and in the end...totally worth it!  
"So you don't want another one? child"
"There's times that I don't even want the ones we have."
- Clair and Cliff 

4.) Education is important! Learn all that you can now, because that`s what you get to take with you! Even in all you learn here on this earth, Never forget who the ULTIMATE Scientist is!
"What's the matter?"
"I'm bored."
"You're bored? Well that's funny because I've got $3 million of books up in your room."
- Cliff and Rudy

5.) There`s no greater love, then the love of a mother. 
 "I don't understand why it is that you get to rant and rave and I'm the one that has to be calm."
"Because, Cliff, that is my baby in there!"
"Well, that's my baby, too!"
"No, Cliff, you did not have that child. I had that child. I was the one who was lying on that table screaming "take it out." And if it takes the last breath in my body, Sondra IS going to become a lawyer!"
- Cliff and Clair

6.) Being a adult is not as wonderful as we think it is! It`s a lot of work! Parenting is a full time job! Thank your parents for all they taught you...if you have a poor relationship with them, do your part to strengthen it. And while your young...milk that opportunity you have to live free and easy under your parents roof!  
"Mom, will you stop? I'm not some criminal. I'm your kid!"
"No, you're not. You said you wanted me to you treat like an adult."
"Is this how you treat adults?"
"When I take 'em to court, yes!"

7.) Men are Men...they are the same today as they were yesterday....and unfortunately, they will probably be the same tomorrow. 
"Getting up at 4:30 in the morning to prove myself to a group of men basking in the nonexistent ray of their own intelligence is not my idea of fun."
- Clair 

8.) Parents lead a life of adventure too...
about being romantic "I've got five children...I don't need to prove anything to anybody!"
- Cliff

9.) Everybody plays a unique and special part in this world...from the millionare to the broke bum on the street. Where would we find humilty but to give...and drive to succeed-if both the poor man and the rich were not present? 
"It's like 'oh you're the A's, well you're way up here', and 'oh you're the D's, well you're way down here'...and...I just think we should all be one happy alphabet."
- Denise

10.) Seek after riches of heaven, instead of riches of the world...there are some things in life that money cannot buy!
"All of you who do not have a job, raise your hands. And while you have your hands up, I want you to look down because for guys who aren't working, I'm seeing expensive sneakers."
- Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment