Boys will be boys

Boys will be boys
Boys will be boys

Friday, September 10, 2010

" I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then."- Jimmy Buffett


I attended a Conference a few months ago where the speaker began by reading a book written by a first grader a few weeks prior to the conference. The book was a fairytale. The young author had even drawn pictures of the princess and princes who and their homes. The book was simple, but left a everlasting impression on all of those who attended the fireside. I can`t remember the story in detail, but this is somewhat of a idea of what it said:

Once Upon a Time there was a princess named Belle.
Belle decided to have a party at her castle and invite her princess friend snow white.
Snow White of course wanted to come and she invited her cousin, Sleeping Beauty.
And Sleeping Beauty invited her cousin Jasmine.
The girls were having so much fun at their party.
The Princes came to the Princess Party and wanted to stay and play.
They asked, "Can we play with you Princesses?"
The Princesses all said, "NO!"
And the boys went home...and cried!

That was the end of the story! So simply written, and the laughter still slips out even months after the story has been written. It met the requirements for a wonderful fictional piece. The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.
In my dreams, I could be a Princess, and that's what I was. Like most little girls, I believed nothing less than a Prince could make my dreams come true.
If your waiting for your own happily ever after, I have great new for you! It`s already here. Your "Once Upon a Time" is Right Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment